Pokhalde Peak is situtated in the east of Khumbu Region at the south of the Kongma La Pass (5,535 m), an isolated route that will lead you to the Chhukung valley. mapping few miles of distance away from Everest, still the view of Pokhalde Peak is concealed by the Lhotse ridge. Upon reaching the summit, one can enjoy the spectacular views of the surroundings and the mountains, which includes Mt. Makalu, Ama Dablam and Pomouri.
Pokahalde Peak climbing is suitable for amateur mountaineers as the climbing does not involve that much of technical diffculties, one can climb to the top with the few climbing gears and ropes, among few challanges during the climb are bad weather and loose sections of rocks.
Acclimatizing body and calming mind is very important whether it is just a trekking or mountain expedition, therefore we always keep in mind that your body get used to the himalayan heights. The higher we climber lower the oxygen level we will feel, so let our body set the functioning of internal mechanism of our body by taking break in few spots during our journey.
Situated to the east of Khumbu Region and south of Kongma La Pass (5,535 m), Pokhalde Peak can be accessed via an isolated route that leads to the Chhukung valley. While it is located a few miles away from Everest, the view of Pokhalde Peak remains concealed by the Lhotse ridge. Upon reaching the summit, climbers can relish in the breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains, including Mt. Makalu, Ama Dablam, and Pomouri.
Climbing Pokahalde Peak is suitable for novice mountaineers, as it does not involve significant technical difficulties. With a few climbing gears and ropes, climbers can ascend to the top. However, there are some challenges, including bad weather and loose sections of rocks.
Acclimatizing one’s body and calming one’s mind are crucial during any trekking or mountain expedition. To ensure that the body gets used to the Himalayan heights, it is important to take frequent breaks to allow the internal mechanisms of the body to function properly, particularly as the oxygen levels decrease with increasing altitude.
Itinerary for Pokhalde peak:
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu 1300m.
Day 2: Sightseeing in Kathmandu and preparation day for the trip.
Day 3: Fly to Lukla and trek to Phakding 2640m.
Day 4: Trek to Namche Bazaar 3440m.
Day 5: Acclimatization day at day hike to Everest view hotel.
Day 6: Trek to Tengboche monasteries 3800m.
Day 7: Trek to Dingboche 4360m.
Day 8: Trek to Loboche 4900m.
Day 9: Trek to Gorakshep 5150m.
Day 10: Early morning trek to kalapathar and trek back to lobuche.
Day 11: Trek to Pokhalde base camp 4400m.
Day 12: Trek to Pokhalde high camp 5000m.
Day 13: summit to pokhalde peak 5808m. back to chhukung 4730m.
Day 14: trek to tengboche monasteries.
Day 15: trek to monjo jorsalle.
Day 16: trek back to lukla airport.
Day 17: fly back to Kathmandu.
Day 18: exploration day in Kathmandu on your own.
Day 19: depart to the destination.
- Take a day to explore the cultural and historical sites of Kathmandu and make final preparations for your trip.
- Namche Bazaar, a vibrant Sherpa town situated at 3,440 meters above sea level.
- Tengboche Monastery, located at 3,800 meters. The monastery offers a serene and spiritual experience
- Dingboche at an elevation of 4,360 meters. The village provides breathtaking views of the surrounding peaks.
- Trek to the base camp of Pokhalde Peak at an altitude of 4,400 meters
- Summit of Pokhalde Peak at 5,808 meters, enjoying spectacular views of the surrounding mountains, including Mt. Makalu, Ama Dablam, and Pomouri. Descend back to Chhukung at 4,730 meters.
- Scenic flight from Lukla back to Kathmandu.
Pokhalde Peak Highlights
- Pokhalde Peak is situated east of the Khumbu Region, near the Kongma La Pass
- The summit offers spectacular views of surrounding mountains, including Mt. Makalu, Ama Dablam, and Pomouri.
- limbing Pokhalde Peak is suitable for amateur mountaineers and does not involve significant technical difficulties.
- Challenges during the climb include bad weather and loose sections of rocks.
- The expedition starts and ends in Kathmandu, with a flight to Lukla and trekking through different villages and monasteries in the Khumbu Region.
- The summit day involves reaching the Pokhalde Peak summit at 5,808m and returning to Chhukung at 4,730m.